Planting A Church Without Losing Your Soul
What does it take to be a church planter or other ministry entrepreneur? Beyond the vocational capabilities every church planter needs, there’s a range of capabilities more difficult to measure but even more essential: spiritual competencies, which have to do not just with behaviors but also with the motivations, agendas, and scripts that drive them. This practical course helps planters invest in their own physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual health so they can serve Christ for the long haul.
• To identify the underlying spiritual competencies necessary for fruitful church planting
• To establish sustainable personal and ministry rhythms that acknowledge one’s limits and lead to health over the long haul
• To uncover unhealthy scripts and motives that result in wounding others
• To develop a personalized “rule of life” – a specific plan for one’s own spiritual formation
• To minister with increased joy in the face of discouragement, conflict, and loss
Content from Planting a Church Without Losing Your Soul by Tim Morey. Copyright © 2020 by Timothy R. Morey is used by permission of InterVarsity Press (www.ivpress.com)